In case you needed a good reason to renovate your basement, well, now you have it! Enbridge Gas is offering rebates on energy-efficient upgrades, where you can receive cash back on your renovation project. This Home Energy Rebate (HER) incentive is a win-win situation. Here’s how.
- By opting for energy-efficient renovations, you’re positively contributing to the environment. Enbridge’s objective here is to reduce our ecological footprint on the planet, and homeowners can now be an instrumental factor in the movement towards a greener Earth.
- Your renovation rebates can amount up to $5,000 depending on the number of upgrades you do. The more upgrades you get, the higher the rebate is.
What Does the Rebates Program Apply to?
– $100 back for reaching the air sealing target on the final assessment of your property
– $150 back for exceeding the air sealing target on the final assessment
– $500 back for increasing your attic insulation to at least R60 from R35 or less
– $500 back for increasing cathedral/flat roof insulation by at leastR14
– $1,000 back for adding at least R23 to 100% of the basement
– $800 back for adding at least R23 to 100% of the basement
– $500 back for adding at least R12 to 100% of the basement
– $450 back for adding at least R24 to 100% of the crawl space wall
– $400 back for adding at least R10 to 100% of the crawl space wall
RELATED: Basement Insulation
Exterior wall insulation
– $1,000 back for adding at least R3.8 to 100% of building to achieve a minimum of R12
– $1,500 back for adding at least R9 to 100% of building to achieve a minimum of R12
– $2,000 back for adding at least R20 to 100% of building
Furnaces and boilers
– $750 back for replacing a natural gas furnace that is <95% of efficiency with a natural gas furnace that is 95% AFUE or higher
– $750 back for replacing a natural gas boiler that is <90% efficiency with an ENERGY STARⓇ condensing natural gas boiler that is 90% AFUE or higher
– $200 back for replacing an existing natural gas water heater with 0.80 EF or higher tank-type ENERGY STARⓇ qualified natural gas water heater
– $200 back for replacing a natural gas water heater with 0.90 EF or higher tankless-type ENERGY STARⓇ qualified natural gas water heater
Windows, doors, and skylights
– $40 back for each window, door, skylight replaced with an ENERGY STARⓇ Certified model.
Additional Bonus Incentives
Homeowners can qualify for additional bonus incentives as part of the maximum $5,000 Enbridge Gas Incentives:
– Install 3 upgrades to receive an additional $250 in rebates
– Install 4 upgrades to receive an additional $500 in rebates
– Install 5 upgrades to receive an additional $750 in rebates
What Are the Conditions?
- You must have an initial assessment with a Registered Energy Advisor
A Registered Energy Advisor (REA), an independent third-party, will come to your property and conduct a thorough basement-to-attic assessment before you begin your renovation. This assessment is meant to measure your home’s current energy use to create a customized report that explains which upgrades can improve your home’s energy efficiency.
- You must have at least 2 energy-efficient upgrades
In order to be eligible for the rebates incentive, you must complete at least two upgrades from the ones we highlighted above, though the more, the merrier. All renovations must be completed within 120 days of the initial assessment to be eligible.
- You can only apply for rebates ONCE per household
We recommend you undertake as many renovation upgrades in one project as possible because you can only qualify to apply for the Home Energy Rebate program once per household. This condition also means that the homeowner must agree to not apply for another energy-efficient rebate program through a company that’s not Enbridge Gas between the initial assessment and the final assessment.
LEARN MORE: Home Efficiency Rebate Program
If you’re looking for a great value on your basement renovation, contact us and we’ll assist you with your application and renovate your property according to Enbridge Gas’s rebate regulations. We are recommended for energy-efficient basement renovations and we will guarantee you maximum rebates on your renovation project.